Job Location: Northeast Ohio
Service Technician, Commercial Cooking Equipment & Refrigeration
DMO Food Equipment Services, Inc. is an EEO Company, (click here for our EEO Action Plan). We are a provider of service and parts for most major manufactures of commercial cooking and ware-washing equipment and is a privately held corporation that has been in business since October 1993. DMO is a voting member of CFESA and a stockholder in the National Service Cooperative.
The selected candidates will perform field / shop service on commercial cooking, warming, holding, washing, ventilation and other miscellaneous types of equipment typically found in restaurants and large institutional kitchens.
Technicians must be proficient in reading electrical schematics, have good trouble-shooting abilities and excellent people skills. Refrigeration experience and EPA card are required. Previous job experience or training in one or more of these related jobs; electrical, plumbing, general maintenance and HVAC-R. Previous commercial cooking equipment service is a plus. Being a CFESA Certified Technician is a huge plus.
This position requires the lifting of tools and equipment that weigh over 50 pounds and at times moving or lifting up to 100 pounds, unassisted. Moving equipment to gain access for service. Repairing equipment requires, bending, kneeling, crawling (under, over, and between) equipment and climbing extension and stepladders while carrying tools and parts.
Working with live electrical circuits (up to 480 VAC). Working with natural and L.P. gas, hot cooking equipment, 350 plus degree grease, low-pressure steam boilers and exposure to caustic and acidic chemicals.
High School or GED and equivalent technical training or equivalent experience.
2 plus years of mechanical / electrical experience.
Requires knowledge of service and repair techniques involving diagnosing and correcting malfunctions of all major manufacturers commercial cooking equipment, refrigeration and other diversified duties.
Adjusting, aligning, assembling, calibrating, inspecting, lubrication and testing of commercial cooking equipment, refrigeration equipment and some rooftop work.
- Problem diagnosis including electrical/mechanical and electronics troubleshooting.
- Must be able to be innovative and use common sense to remedy a situation so the customer may resume operations.
- Consistently achieve or surpass weekly productivity and service labor revenue goals assigned by management.
- Maintain working knowledge of latest modifications, retrofit, etc. for equipment assigned to service.
- Assist others in equipment installations or in performing major repair assignments.
- Maintain a working knowledge of parts stocking and identification methods, practices and procedures.
- Being responsible for inventory and the professional appearance of your service vehicle.
- Satisfactory attendance at schools with passing grades.
- Attending audio/visual field training as required.
- Work overtime, often with short notice, as required, including on call.
- Assist in obtaining Planned Service Agreements and achieve or exceed monthly sales goals.
- Assist in developing sales leads.
- Assist, as necessary, with product demonstrations at customer locations and at trade shows.
- Comply with all service policies and procedures of DMO Food Equipment Services, Inc., CFESA and the National Service Cooperative.
- Maintain personal image to meet or exceed company standards.
Base salary and overtime depending on experience. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package including hospitalization; vacation and personal days, retirement plan with company contributions, pre-tax (125) AFLAC supplemental insurance, company vehicle, annual bonus, training and certification incentives and other fringe benefits.
How to Apply:
Download a PDF Pre-Employment Application and fax / mail it to:
Secure E-fax # 216-803-2324
DMO Food Equipment Services, Inc.
8400 Sweet Valley Drive
Cleveland, OH 44125
Proudly Providing Commercial Food Service Equipment for the following areas: Ohio, Cleveland, Canton, Akron, Youngstown, and more!